Thursday, November 8, 2012

DoggyStyle: How we Made a 'Dog Bedroom' in an Open Space

We've found a lot of people have misconceptions about having bigger dogs in the city. While we've realized big dogs don't need big spaces, we've also learned ways to help our dogs and their stuff blend into our space. 
We have an open floor plan, so when you first walk in you might see this without realizing there is also a 'dog bedroom' in the room. 
Can you see the dog bedroom yet?
We decided to move the sofa up a bit to crate a type of partition with a comfortable living space and a separate dog space. So along with the console behind the sofa, we also have this:
 Miss M gets to hang out in her crate, Mr. B gets to 'den' in his tepee, and they have their toy bin right next to their bed. We like that it's not noticeable, it uses wasted space, and the dogs are still involved by being in the main space.
What are some other ways you've learned to incorporate your pooches into your space?

P.S. And this is how we made our 'dog closet'
P.P.S. How we personalized Mr B's toy bin and made Miss M's crate pretty

8 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

BOL - I think you walk into our house and feel like you've walked into the dog house!

Sam

jessica statz said...

Ever since I saw Mr B's tee-pee I have been wanting to get one for my dog. I was a bit hesitant to spend over $100 on something I wasn't sure she would like but then I saw this tent at Ikea for $20! A little less inconspicuous but my clown loves it so thought I would share!
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10206883/

Anonymous said...

I love the way you have everything set up. In our house we have several beds placed in various rooms and of course in the kitchen have a large food storage thing along with their bowls and water. You can tell dogs live in our house!

Irina said...

Our dog has a "security blanket" which he drags around the whole apt.
Coming home we never know where Sal and his blanket will be - by the front door, in the middle of the living room or in a walk-in closet in the bedroom.

My Two Pitties said...

My mom calls my apartment style "kennel shic" and we don't even have crates! The jokes on her because we think the couches at her house make really nice dog beds;)

Two French Bulldogs said...

You guys look so cute in your space
Benny & Lily

Two Kitties One Pittie said...

Your place is beautiful. When K and I buy a place one day, do you want to be our designated dog decorators?? :) :)

Unknown said...

While we've realized big dogs don't need big spaces, we've also ... dogtoybin.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...