Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Halloween Ends Not With a Bang but With a Whimper

From us to the pooches, we were all so excited for Halloween this year. We were finally grown up, or acting like we were grown up, by giving out candy to all the trick or treaters from our home.
A and I went out and bought almost $100 worth of candy, we were so afraid of not having enough candy for all of our trick or treaters.
Mr. B sat eagerly in his turtle costume, ready to greet all knights and princesses with smooches to go with their candy.
Miss M was over it and partially wore her butterfly costume and waited upstairs for the first
ghost and goblins to knock on our door before she went full butterfly.
The weather did not cooperate and potential trick or treaters were greeted with rain, wind and even snow. Sadly we did not get a single trick or treater and Mr. B's costume was all for naught.
Also:
At least the pooches went trick or treating with Be Fido's Friend
Halloween through Mr. B's eyes
Check our Facebook page for more photos, comments, and story lines beyond the blog.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh . . . and now you're stuck with all that candy!

Annie & Pauls Mom said...

Oh no! It's soo disappointing when that happens. (That was our experience the first year of home ownership, and that was with temps in the 70's.) Check the candy buy back programs, maybe you can get some of the candy money back for dog treats. Or, if nothing else, stick it in the freezer for next year.

Sarahbeth Ramsey said...

awww they look so sad and disappointed too!!

Emily said...

He looks SO SAD in the last picture!

Kristy said...

Ohhhh, poor pups! We have always been big Halloween people and we decorate the house with lights and decorations and we have always had tons of kids come to the house. Last year we moved to our new house and we got ZERO trick or treaters. We felt like poor Mr. B. This year we got about 10! So next year hopefully it will increase again!

dw said...

That was indeed a terrible night for Halloween! Being in a condo, we never get trick or treaters, but I did take Riley out in her Kermit tee shirt, though just for a couple short walks because it was so windy and we got caught by snow! Sure was a scary night! I'm sorry Mr. B didn't get to greet any knights or princesses, but there's always next year.

Karen and Riley

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh Mr B please don't be sad. You look adorable despite no trick or treaters
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

pibble said...

Awww! I'm so sorry no one showed up! If I were local to you, I'd stop by just to see my two favorite pups!

Anonymous said...

Aw... I'm sorry guys that's no fun at all.

Kelly_g said...

AWWWWWWWWW! Poor doggies!!!!! What are you going to do with all that candy, LOL??? I originally had enough candy for 200 trick or treaters, but one dog helped himself to 2 bags of twizzlers while I was at work so I essentially had enough for 150 and ran out of candy 30 minutes before trick or treat was over! We get tons of kiddos in my neighborhood! I was freezing from sitting outside for 90 minutes so I guess a positive is that you got to stay warm, haha!!

Rachel @ My Two Pitties said...

Bummer for everyone involved! But the pictures are very cute, if sad.

Melanie said...

Awww, Mr. B looks so precious in his constume! Poor baby! I'm sure y'all weren't alone in getting zero trick or treaters, with that weather. But they both looked CUTE, regardless.

Anonymous said...

Hello Pitties,
I just found your blog. Nice to meet you. I am also a dog in the city, but New York in my case. And I'm a lot smaller than a pit bull.
It looks like you guys are a lot more well-behaved in stores than I am. I am rather demanding about getting treats. But it's good to know that if I ever come to Chicago, there are stores I can visit there, too.
Kindly yours,
Albert the Dog

OG said...

So sad! What did you do with all the candy?
And poor Ms M with no one to admire her!
Alas!

Elizabeth said...

Mr. B has cornered the market n looking dejected in his turtle costume. I just want to smooch him and make him feel better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...