Monday, March 12, 2018

Obligation vs Opportunity

Though I am fully aware that my time with Mr. B is very limited, especially since the passing of Miss M, I have always considered my routine with Mr. B, taking him for a walk, letting him out for a potty break, as an obligation.
I would tell A that I have to take Mr. B for a walk when we get home, I have to let Mr. B out at night. It was not until we had a recent scare with Mr. B's blood work that I truly wanted to change my life with Mr. B and continue to live every moment as a grand adventure. I had to shift my thinking from things I have to do with Mr. B to things I get to do with Mr. B.
A daily walk, taking him out for a potty break, taking him to the vet should no longer be an obligation but an opportunity to spend more time with him and ensure that he is healthy and happy and we are still creating amazing memories.
Though I do slip up and say I have to do something, I try to remain mindful of my language and correctly restate it as I get to do something.
I hope to always remember not only with Mr. B, but with all aspects of my life that instead of having to do all of these obligations, I get to have all of these opportunities.

Also:

11 comments:

JustaGirl said...

Sweet sweet Mr B! Thank you for this post, I too get caught up in the “have to” with my Milo. Keeping this post in mind as I “get to” walk him this morning ♥️

RuthieJ said...

I noticed my thoughts changed in the same way after Holly got her lymphoma diagnosis. As the time marched on, I started to get sort of resentful for the time I had to spend away from her. We started taking her along with us everywhere when we weren't at work. It was like I couldn't spend enough time with her.
Cherish the time you still have. Thanks for sharing the sweet photos. Mr. B looks like the best big brother ever!

Sue said...

Thank you for the reminder. My pack is getting old, Fudge is 13 and in poor health and the other Porties are 11. I'm very aware that our time together is limited and I want to make the most of every day.

maddeelou said...

Love this! Our terrier mix LooLoo is almost 18. She is deaf and demanding. I don't know if she hears here very sharp, bossy bark and while I don't always appreciate it, I know someday I will miss it.

Unknown said...

I love your continuing adventures with Mr. B. I too have a bully who is 12, and a smaller guy who is 14 and the winter has been a rough one for my bully boy. I cherish every day because I know there's not so many left.

Laura said...

Thank you for this beautiful post! Your words are just right and so full of love. We all need to live this way every day and you are so inspiring with your love for Mr. B and life!

Unknown said...

I loved this post when you put it up, and I love it even more now. We let our 13 year old bully guy, Brutus, go on Friday when he let us know he was ready. I spent the summer not doing things with humans because I didn't want to spend the time away from him, and am so, so happy that I did. I don't regret anything and am so happy to have taken the extra time to stay with him.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this and I agree that if we loved them we should protect and responsible to their needs. Especially to their basic needs and most important the regular check up to their exotic pet vet, and for me Health is wealth. Please refer to this link: https://westminsterveterinarygroup.com/

World of Animals, Inc said...

These are such sweet-looking photos. Looks like you are having so much fun. The photos have made our day. Thanks for the beautiful share. Have a fantastic rest of your weekend.
World of Animals

QuickBooks Customer Service said...

Amezing post, its is very helpful!
QuickBooks Customer Service is offering several ways to resolve all Common QuickBooks Pro Errors and Troubleshooting. If you face any issues related to this and you are not able to resolve it. Don't panic just dial QuickBooks Customer Service Toll-Free Number and get instant help.

Ragani Tiwari said...

Hello connections, are you looking Rolling Hot Rolling Mill Manufacturer in India for getting best deal at reasonable prices. So then consider Akshi Engineers Pvt. Ltd. Company for all those requirements related to Hot Rolling Mill. For more information visit our website or dial our contact number, our sales team is 24*7 here to list your business needs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...