Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pooches: Hot Wheels Mr. B

While walking the dogs this past Monday, we ran into our friend with one of his two pit bulls. Our friend just told us that his older one, Ms. G just past away at the age of 17 two weeks ago. We were pretty upset, b/c we were close to all of his dogs. He had another pit bull that also passed away at the age of 17. We think the secret to their longevity is the walks. He is always taking his dogs on long walks around the neighborhood. So now all he has is a younger pit bull that he adopted last year from our friend's rescue group and whenever we run into them Mr. B and Ms. M loves jumping around and playing with the youngster. Mr. B is not as young as he used to be, he is turning 7 this month, but he still runs and jumps around like a puppy. This past Monday, when he was playing with the youngster, he jumped almost four feet in the air, flipped around and fell straight on his back onto the concrete. He was a little shaken up from the fall, but a minute later he was back up and running like a jack rabbit. Even at home, he runs around the place like hot wheels (he looks like the cartoons where their legs are spinning, but they are standing in place). Whenever our dog walker comes over, he is jumping all around like the Matrix. He does these twists, turns and spins. Though he is about 50 years old in human age, he still runs and jumps around like a little puppy. Here is a video of Mr. B showing his agility with his favorite toy, Mini Me:

15 comments:

pibble said...

Seventeen-years-old! Good for them. That's good love and care. We have a 17-year-old Pit Bull at our shelter who we pulled from our local AC. Can't figure out how she got there, but she's safe and sound with us, now.

Mr. B is still a tyke in dog years! It's us humans who start to creak at 50!

Bobby said...

Yes 17 is a good age so its sad but the dog did live a good life span.

Kate said...

So sorry about your neighbor's dog, but wow, 17 years old is incredible. I hope mine are with me for so long.

Mr. B is too funny. I love the hot wheels nickname!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Dory loves her daily walks, she stays fit and socialized!

It is always sad to hear of a pup passing and I can only hope that our pups live to be 17.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Mr. B! You are very most agile! I like to run around like that, too. And sometimes I talk my Brudder Ranger into running around with me. But it's always gotta be on HIS terms. Hmph! Too bad you lives so far away. It's be fun to run around together!

And I'm very sorry about your friend's dog. Sounds like he had a Most Wonderful life!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Mack said...

Isn't it wonderful we get to act like puppies all our life!!?

Our Lilly is 17 years old and still kickin'.

Kari in Alaska said...

Mesa is the same way. Recently she and BC have deemed the bed as a wrestling ring. I have never seen a dog so so many spins and leaps within a contained area.

Unknown said...

What a jump, for an old timer. I'm showing this video to my ten year old sissy. I want her to see what she's going to look like in five years. :)
Twinkie

Rescued Pittie Family said...

I just love them; they are so cute! I would have never thought Mr. B was 7 years old. Wow. He looks great!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Awe what fun! Mr B plays like he's a new pup, love the video..lol

Mary said...

Wow, that is an old dog! I pray that Levi lives that long. He gets long walks every day, so here's hoping. My brother and SIL just had to euthanize their 15-year-old dog, so I've got that stuff on the brain right now.

It looks like Mr. B. is hanging in there just fine with the younger pups.

the booker man said...

my big sis asa kind of does the same thing, especially when it's supper time. she gets all wiggly and bunny hops and then kangaroo jumps on her hind footsies. :D
mama and i are sorry for your friends losing their doggie. 17 years is an awesome life. it's heart breaking to lose a best friend. :(
*woof*
the booker man

Daisy Dog said...

Awww! Mr B! I like to do dog zoomies and cracker dog, but mom is afraid I will injure my knee or hip. After my surgery she thinks long walkies ar the best!

Two French Bulldogs said...

17, wow poor baby...But a good long life
Benny & Lily

Dexter said...

Great agility moves. Sorry about your friend, though.

Slobbers,
Mango

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...