Monday, September 28, 2020

Goodbye Mr. B

Recently, we said goodbye to our beloved Mr. B. Even though he was 17.5 years old, he had the mind and soul of a young pup, unfortunately his body could not keep up.
In 2008, A and I were looking for an older companion to Miss M. We spent months looking for an older pit bull, visiting Animal Care and Control and other rescue organizations in the city of Chicago and we just couldn't find one. Then one day while browsing through Petfinder.com, I see a profile for a 5 year old pit bull in Kalamazoo, Michigan with the Kalamazoo Animal Rescue. After a few email exchanges, I recorded a video of our condo using a Flip camera to show Mr. B's amazing foster mom, Joanne, Mr. B's future home. While recording, A asks me, what am I recording our place for...in all of my excitement, I guess I forgot to mention my Petfinder.com find and the back and forth emails. Before A knows it, we pack up our small 2 door coupe with Miss M, a tent and camping gear and all of Miss M's essentials including a bed, a pillow for her head, a blanket in case she gets cold in the middle of summer. Before Miss M knows it, we are camping in Kalamazoo, sharing a tent with her two servants and her new dog, Mr. B.
Even though Mr. B came from a quiet wooded area, in Mr. B fashion, he quickly became accustomed to city life and like all Chicago transplants, he quickly considered himself a native Chicagoan. He loved being outside, exploring the city with his owner Miss M and her two human companion. Mr. B and Miss M were able to show countless others the truth about pit bulls and we met so many different and interesting people. Our walks would have so many breaks, because people would rush up to meet the dogs, especially Mr. B or Miss M would pull us to rush up to meet people.
Mr. B quickly became an integral part of our family, that we have no recollection of our life with only Miss M. Mr. B was the perfect complement to Miss M. Miss M couldn't remember a life where she didn't have her own dog to boss around and to use as a pillow.
Though Mr. B was shy and perhaps an introvert, he would wear a costume without fuss and get showered with attention, knowing that it pleased Miss M and us.
Mr. B was the perfect companion to Little Boy K, he was loving and gentle to Baby K. Giving Baby K the right amount of smooches and he would lay by Baby K's crib as he napped during the day. Mr. B was patient and kind dealing with Toddler K and his antics. We could not think of a more perfect dog to watch over Little Boy K as he grew up.
Mr. B was the perfect dog to help us cope with the loss of Miss M. He would gladly go on adventures around the city, exploring different sights and sounds and the occasional festival with his sidekick, Little Boy K.
Mr. B was the perfect best friend to me. He demonstrated what it means to be patient, loving and kind. Though his body ached despite the pain medication, he maintained his sweet demeanor and his patient attitude. He continued to give Little Boy K kisses and he would move as much as he could to watch over me as I worked.
At a festival once, someone that just met Mr. B and was petting him looked up to us and stated that Mr. B was her perfect dog. That pretty much sums up Mr. B. We could not have asked for a better complement to Miss M, a better companion to Little Boy K, a better city dog other than Miss M to A, and a better best friend to me.
We are grateful to everyone that loved Mr. B and Miss M as much as we did.
Goodbye our beloved Bruno.

Also:

31 comments:

JustaGirl said...

Oh I am so sorry to read this news. BUT what a life you all led with the fabulous duo! I loved reading of your adventures and having my mind completely changed about pitties ๐Ÿ˜ It’s a Miss M and Mr B reunion, what could be sweeter. Sending hugs to you all ๐Ÿค—

SarahKay2010 said...

Such a wonderful tribute to an amazing companion! So sorry for your loss!

kimba said...

Lots of love to you guys - we've all loved Mr. B and Miss M for years. You guys gave them both such a loving home and such amazing lives. Take care of yourselves, and know that you made a lot of loves richer with your posts.

Ssb said...

I am so sad to hear of Mr B’s passing. I loved following him and Miss M’s adventures over the years. Thank you for sharing them with us. ��❤️��

Maggie said...

Oh, no. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm so grateful you shared Mr. B's and Miss M's lives with us over the years. I'm sending you lots of wishes for peace and love during this incredibly difficult time.

Donna said...


Sending much love from all of us at BADRAP. We fell in love with Mr. B a hundreds times through your photos and writings. He was so special, and so are you.

Laura and Hans said...

It’s hard to believe they’re both gone. We got so much enjoyment reading about them, they were an amazing duo. You have done so much for the bully breed and I wonder how many Pitties ended up being adopted because of you and this blog. ❤️

Wendy said...

I am so so sorry. My heart is just broken for you. I've followed you almost from the start and have loved every single story that you shared. They were incredible beings and you gave them such incredible lives. Thank you for sharing their adventures!

Unknown said...

I so enjoyed your posts about Ms. M and Mr. B and know how difficult it is to lose a member of your family. I am sure Ms. M welcomed Mr. B to the bridge and their bodies can frolic.
Judith Brecka

Unknown said...

I am so sorry about your loss. I've been following your blog for years. It was because of Miss M and Mr B that I fell in love with bully breeds, and adopted our own bull terrier mix when we finally bought our house. Thank you for sharing their stories all these years. I'm going to miss reading about them. Mr B definitely lived a long and well-loved life.

Brenda DeFeo said...

I am in tears...what a beautiful tribute to two wonderful dogs ever. I’m so sorry for your loss and have followed your Facebook page for years. We have listed two pits and presently have two eight year old pits now which doesn’t seem possible that they are eight already. Mr B must be having the best time frolicking with Miss M over the rainbow bridge!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of sweet Mr. B. I always loved hearing about his and Miss M's many adventures in Chicago-land. Truly the end of an era, and he will be so missed by so many. My heart goes out to you, A, and K for this difficult loss.

Gregg said...

My heart hurts to hear the news. I've loved the adventures of these amazing dogs and the excellent humans tending to their whims. I'm glad we got a few encounters over the years and I always remember a really funny walk with those two and Winnie raising money for something or other when mine was just a baby and loved playing with your big guy and girl.

You all have done a great service to pit bull dogs and general compassion for living creatures rather than assume a stereotype.

I hope you all find peace knowing that you've touched the lives of so many and I hope that you'll be able to share your love with some more dogs in the future as they'll be very lucky to have you and the caring eyes of Ms. M and Mr. B watching over them.

Lots of love,
G, E, C, D and of course WCJ

maddeelou said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I loved reading the adventures of Miss M and Mr. B. The nights watching movies in the park, the marathon cheering sections...so many. Thank you for sharing them with us. Much love to you all. Beth and my own Mr. B--Baxter

Linda B. said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing their journey with us. Truly a delight all these years. What true ambassadors of the breed!

Much love,

Linda and little Peanut...

Minabey said...

Sorry for your loss. I'm truly grateful for you guys sharing Miss M & Mr. B to us all these years. We can see how well loved they both are and I'm saddened that I won't be seeing any more of Mr. B's happy face. Hope your family stay safe and healthy.

JoyceW said...

The last gift you can offer. Cessation of his pain, knowing it's the beginning of yours. <3

Laura said...

How we love Miss M & Mr. B and your wonderful Two Pitties in the City! What joy to meet the beautiful pups on a pretty summer Chicago day in June 2013. Thanks so much for bringing them into our lives!!

Rosa S. said...

Oh no...can't believe it. But you gave these dogs quite the life and adventures. Lifting you up in prayer through your grief.

Regina Hart said...

My heart aches for your loss. Mr. B was such a lucky boy to have found the best family and to have been so cherished. He was loved by so many people and brought joy to all. My sincere condolences and deepest sympathies. Thank you for sharing Mr. and Miss M with the world.

Lindsey Leblanc said...

I’d do many things to keep my old timer 17.5 years. Thank you for sharing their adventures with us. They left an impression on my heart. Sending you love. It’s never easy saying goodbye. Even for a complete stranger ❤️

Kindergarten Kids said...

Oh, goodbye sweet Mr. B. The only thing that makes my heart break a little less is imagining the reunion between Mr. B and Miss M. I can just picture it - bossy Miss M and the ever accomodating Mr. B. I too have an older pittie - Walter. I hope he gets a few more years on him and a few more adventures just like Mr. B. With love to your whole family at this hard time from one of your fans.

Kelly_g said...

So verry sorry for your loss. I've followed your blog from the beginning - Miss M, Mr. B, and you made me a better pitbull owner. Thank you for that. I'm certain Mr. B called the best years of his life the ones with your family. Sending love.

Danielle said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I've loved getting to see your adventures through the years - thank you. Mr. B and Miss M seemed truly special.

lak said...

I feel like I just lost a friend. I am so sorry for your loss. You guys have been instrumental in educating me on how to deal with my own rescue pittie, from apparel, training, beds, food and many others. Thank you so much for sharing this special dog "Mr. B" with all of us. Again, I am truly sorry for your loss

coralgrace738♡ said...

Whats Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It absolutely helpful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & assist other users like its helped me. Great job.
ํ† ํ† ์‚ฌ์ดํŠธ
์˜จ๋ผ์ธ๊ฒฝ๋งˆ
๊ฒฝ๋งˆ์‚ฌ์ดํŠธ

coralgrace738♡ said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!
๋ฐ”์นด๋ผ์‚ฌ์ดํŠธ
์‚ฌ์„คํ† ํ† 

Bell Pepper said...

I think the admin of this site is actually working hard in favor of his web site, because here every data is quality based
information.


ํ† ํ† 365ํ”„๋กœ
ํ† ํ† ์‚ฌ์ดํŠธ

Bell Pepper said...

์Šคํฌ์ธ ํ† ํ† ํ‹ฐ๋น„
์Šคํฌ์ธ ํ† ํ† 


What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this website
regularly, this web page is really good and the users
are in fact sharing nice thoughts.

racesite.pro said...

Appreciation to my father who stated to me on the topic of this weblog, this webpage is really amazing. ๊ฒฝ๋งˆ์‚ฌ์ดํŠธ

Minabey said...

I'm so late to hear the news. I was looking for something else in my Facebook profile likes and I was surprised I had you guys in my likes so I headed back here to see what I did miss. I feel sad that Mr. B is no longer around. Thank you for sharing Ms. M and Mr. B. with us. I also lost my dog this year and so hearing about Mr. B, it hits me differently. It also feels like the end of something y'know. Like blogging has become a thing of the past now. Anyway, wish you and your family well. Toddler K is probably a big boy now. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...