Friday, December 12, 2014

Pooches: The Dogs They Were Meant to Be

Sometimes we get frustrated with our pups.
When they think that every "walk" should really be a "run":
When they are always following us around, stalker-like:
When they are so excited to wake up an hour earlier, when we want to sleep in an hour later:
By not acting like the dogs we expect them to be:
But then we remember there might come
A time when our daily walks are no longer a grand adventure, and they are just a walk.
A time when being our best friend is too much work, and all they want is their personal space and alone time.
When they are no longer excited about life to wake up an hour earlier to live an hour more
And eventually life might not be worth waking up to at all
A time when we finally realize that the way they always were was just perfect.
Also:
Check our Facebook page for more photos, comments, and story lines beyond the blog.

13 comments:

JustaGirl said...

This brought me to tears. Thank you for this post! A great reminder to enjoy every moment with our pups (even though he woke me up at 4am this morning) 😋

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of this so much lately. You are so right! They are always, as themselves, perfect.

OG said...

Made me cry also! Beautiful! When Petey gets wild and I'm tired I try and remember how fully he experiences joy and how I should learn that also!

Patty said...

Beautiful post and reminder!

Anonymous said...

...and now I'm crying.

Anonymous said...

OK, that just about made me cry... I need to go hug on Boomer and Dottie now.

Rachel @ My Two Pitties said...

Beautiful! And great pictures in this post:)

Two French Bulldogs said...

So sweet
Lily & Edward

Miggsie said...

This post brought me to tears also. The first dog we ever adopted is now 15 years old. He howls at us for breakfast at 6 am sharp, has accidents in the house much more often than we'd like, and is about as curmudgeonly as you'd expect anyone over 100 to be. Its so easy to get annoyed by him, but we're trying hard to appreciate all of his wonderful qualities, and cherish the time we have with him. Thank you for the reminder.

Debra@Peaceabull said...

That was lovely. I sometimes randomly think about life without the boys and it never fails to bring me to tears.

Minabey said...

Awwwww. That was so beautiful and totally true. Thanks for this.

Elizabeth said...

oh no i cried :(

Laura said...

Thank you so much for your incredibly lovely blog and for sharing your lives and your pups! Oh, how I love Mr. B and Miss M and your stories and pictures! I often think of the beautiful posts about Mr. B shrinking and the Velveteen Rabbit one as I reflect on my dogs and yours, and how we need to love and appreciate them every day! And yes, it makes me cry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...