Thursday, December 16, 2010

Schwang Swag: Holiday Gift List for Your Favorite Dog-Loving Friend

With everyone in a gift-giving frenzy, we've found it's been hard to find just the right clever or unexpected gift for your favorite dog-loving person. Here are some of my favorites I've found through my search:

I've been eyeing these pillows for awhile; the perfect pooch that will never ask to be taken outside in the middle of the night.Plus, I like how it totally makes this room
A simple dog print from one of the masters. Imagine how much more elegant this could make a bathroom.
Some fancy file folders to keep dog records and vaccinations organized. They'd be extra fun with these bone paperclips.
I'm curious about this replica 1960's plastic camera which deliberately blurs, distorts, and over-exposes images for artistic effects. Imagine how documenting a routine romp in the grass with your dog could become an ethereal experience.
 I'm newly obssessed with this Etsy shop I spied on Lonny. They make reasonably priced custom watercolor dog paintings. I'd like to see what Miss M looks like in a crown, or perhaps have Mr. B done in business attire.
 A pair of glittens so you never have to completely take off your gloves while walking the dogs, and in a color so bright they could never get lost in the snow.

We love all of these stylish, statement-making pitbull t-shirts. Plus, the organizations get part of the sales.
Clever ceramic jars which can double as treat containers. These would look great on the counter, and even your dog wouldn't know what's inside:
Sponsor an exotic Costa-Rican rescue animal in your friend's name. The Toucan Rescue Ranch is run by an amazing couple who rescue and rehabilitate a variety of injured rain forest animals. They pay for all the food, cages, and hospital care on their own, so all donations are greatly appreciated. They also have an amazing guesthouse bed & breakfast if you're ever passing through San Jose, Costa Rica.
What are some other good gift ideas you have for animal-lovers?

20 comments:

Maggie said...

Great ideas! I adore those pillows! On my list this year are dog food storage containers like these: http://www.harrybarker.com/Dog-Food-Storage/products/8/. With three dogs eating three different food, I'd love to have all of it neatly tucked away!

Unknown said...

These are wonderful ideas in fact I may use some of them whenever I ever get my own place again. I love love love the simple dog pictures. This year I did slippers from petsmart as part of the proceeds when to animals in need. Little yorkie slippers for my sister, I hope she loves them!

Anonymous said...

Awesome ideas! I love that Picasso print - I saw a frame set of sketches at Ikea that included the doxie, a chicken, and a flamingo. Somehow I talked myself out of it.

Kristine said...

That camera looks like it would be a lot of fun to play around with. And I love the simple dog art. So pretty and stylish.

Mostly I love books about dogs. If all I got this year was tne books of different dog tricks or weepy "dog saves human" stories, I would be thrilled!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Awesome gift deas. We love your t-shirt.
We like Martha Stewarts French Bulldog bed sheets
Benny & Lily

HoundDogMom said...

Wonderful gift ideas for sure. Heck I don't need the vintage camera I can get all them effects with my current camera. Oh, maybe that would be because of the person operating the camera. :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.cafepress.com/thankdog/7535797
or
http://www.cafepress.com/thankdog/7429861
or
http://www.cafepress.com/pbrcstore/

If you own an iPhone or iPad, BEWARE of checking out their cases on these sites.

Anonymous said...

I love your t-shirt, and have it in red. Fosterdad has it in gray. And such a great cause!
Another fave in our house is calendars that support our favorite dog-related charities, including StubbyDog, BADRAP, and Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.

Aleksandra
follow our foster: loveandaleash.wordpress.com

Kitty+Coco said...

Of course we love the Boston Terrier pillow! Definitely will be hinting to the husband for that one.
Nice gift ideas.

Bobby said...

GOOD IDEAS I LIKE THE IDEA OF NOT HAVENG TO TAKE THE GLOVES OFF.

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Oh love those items!!

So pretty!! I love those pillows how cute. I have always loved that style of decorating. My style is kind of a bit neoclassical and victorian.

I am starting to love the modern.
Mine is so heavy and the modern is clean and airy.
I always felt you have to decorate to match your style house.. but after seeing house tours I now thats not true..
You all have beautiful taste.

My old vets office (he retired) the one that had Pitties... had a beautiful painting done of his doggies water color and it was amazing~

I would love to get all mine in a painting!

Hugs :)

Jess said...

Oh, I think Mr. B would look quite dapper in business attire!

houndstooth said...

Those are awesome! I really like all of those things.

After my first Greyhound passed away, a friend sent me a little digital keychain and she'd downloaded tons of pictures that I'd posted of her over the years onto it. It wasn't terribly expensive and I still love that little thing!

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Wow! All sorts of amazing ideas. I confess, I'm in a rut; I just make a calendar with pictures of the dogs (past and present) from the last year and send one off to everyone. (Of course, having done this for several years now, I have a collection of photos of animals no longer with us that I can hang on the wall and change each month.) However, I'm liking those gloves - might help when I'm trying to take pictures in single digit temperatures...

-Dr. Liz

Anonymous said...

Those were some super wonderful ideas! I most especially like those glittens for my mom. Maybe I'll have to pass these along to dad!

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

Aud said...

Beware the paperclips! I have those, and once you actually put them on papers they look rather phallic!

Love the shirt :)

Kari in Alaska said...

I just love the file folders (shows how much of a geek I am!)

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Tucker The Crestie said...

What great gift ideas! I'm really intrigued by the camera!

ForPetsSake said...

Great ideas - I'm definitely going to check out that Etsy shop, too. I'd really like to get the girls prints done. It's such a wonderful way to capture them ;)

Mary said...

I usually ask for donations to Stray Rescue for my birthday or Christmas. Last year, my mother-in-law bought Kuranda dog beds to donate in our names, which was pretty awesome. What is going in Mr. B. and Ms. M.'s stocking this year?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...