Thursday, May 12, 2011

DoggyStyle: Hipster Dog Hoodies

If you had told me years ago that I would be "dressing up" my 75 pound pitbulls, I never would have believed you. But as we've been Spring Cleaning and putting the pooches' coats and sweaters away, I realize how much I crossed over into dog-dressingdom . But at the same time, I realize how completely necessary this is:

1) Pit Bulls have short hair and tend to get really cold in the winter.
Our first winter, Miss M was a quivering mess and I couldn't even get her near the door, let alone outside to go potty. It was through this experience that I learned the value of dog coats, and since then, I have never looked back.
2) We've found that wearing stuff makes our dogs more approachable.
I can't tell you how many more people approach our pooches when they're in gear. Usually they want to know about the gear, then they want to know what kind of dog they are. And before they can develop any kind of notion, the pooches have already won them over.
Knowing this, I feel justified in buying all kinds of sweaters and gear. Right now we're especially loving these Zack & Zoey hoodies.
While most dog gear is marked up, these are super inexpensive: around $13-17. We got ours in a size Extra Large. They actually have arm holes, which are sometimes make it hard to take off, but we like how hilariously buff it makes them look:
Maybe it's the pooches' big heads, but when I need a good laugh I also like to see them with the hoodie part up. Mr. B kind of reminds me of "Green Man" from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

8 comments:

Mary said...

Green is definitely Mr. B's color. I look at him in the sweatshirt and am reminded of how cute he looks in his turtle costume.

When I was feeling overwhelmed at Babies R' Us today and rolling my eyes at the cutesy baby clothes, Jason reminded me that I like to dress up our dogs. Point taken.

Kim @ Yellow Brick Home said...

We must get this for Jack!!

Allison said...

Although he looks like Green Man, Mr. B is probably smarter than Charlie. Great outfits!

houndstooth said...

I had the cutest hoodie for our first Greyhound, and in a fit of itching one night, she bit right through it! I was so mad, and of course I couldn't get anymore from the place where I got it. Mr. B and Miss M do look adorable in theirs!

Heather Cherry said...

Ugh, that is soooooo cute.

Susan Campisi said...

Ha! Who knew hoodies could be so hilarious?!

frill said...

These are so cute and look really soft! I ordered one for our little Quincy. He has less hair because of Demodex and this looks like something soft and comfy to keep him warm! :)

Dog Foster Mom said...

These are awesome. I love how cute they look (especially with the hoods on!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...