Thursday, November 1, 2012

DoggyStyle: Dog 'Fall-Cleaning'

We've been living in denial for too long, and with the Halloween festivities over we've finally accepted that it really is fall. Though with Mr B accustomed to this, the pooches weren't too happy about the changes. Here are some changes we've been making for the pooches in our home with the approaching fall season.

How our Outdoor Couch is Stored as a Dog Bed:
While we spent all summer lounging in our outdoor room, with the cold weather approaching we need to take our couch pillows in so they don't mildew. Which also causes problems because we have limited storage space. So, we learned to store the extra cushions in their Molly Mutt beds.  Even though we have a waterproof liner, we also put an extra trash bag around the cushions just to make sure there aren't any accidents. And the pooches get an extra firm bed.

Making the Hardwood Floors Warmer:
Knowing how our short-haired pooches tend to get a bit colder, we like adding extra sherpa around the house for the pooches to perch on.  We like that it camouflages as regular home decor, while providing an extra bed for the pups.

Switching to Our 'Fall Leashes'
Just like I take the time to trade out my summer and winter wardrobes, we've started doing the same with the pooches. While we love our his & her matching collar and leash sets, it can be just as much fun to be fall inspired. Miss M chose a dark purple "Purple Swirly" and Mr. B went a bit collegiate with the "Brown Argyle" (it's even the finest bit corduroy!) from Sirius Republic.  I think having fun collars and leashes even makes walks like this that much better.

What are some other changes you make in your home with the seasons?

Also:
Since we'll be indoors all winter, we'll be doing a lot of this.
Using our rugs as training tools

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post is awesome, it makes me feel like I'm failing though... I don't have summer/spring and fall/winter leashes. Boomer and Dottie have been missing out!

Anonymous said...

We just switched out our jute rugs for our cozier fall rugs (white fluffy shag and a zebra print rug) and pulled out a few cute blankets that the dogs can sleep on when they don't want to walk alllll the way to their dog beds. Oh the things we do for our dogs!

PS - cute new leashes!

Kitty+Coco said...

Yes, we reluctantly accepted the Fall weater also. I even put away my sandals. Sigh. We have officially turned on the heat, and leave Kitty and Co an extra blanket while we are gone along with puffer jackets for walks (Kitty shivers instantly if it is below 80 degrees).

Two French Bulldogs said...

this one over here is switching stuff around too. Nutty
Snorts,
Benny & Lily

My Two Pitties said...

Your dogs are rocking their Fall looks. Your post is making jealous that we don't really get season changes like you! I bought my dogs a pair of those hoodies a year ago and have yet to put them on:(

Kim @ Yellow Brick Home said...

Haha, love this! We need to add a few extra sherpas around the home for Jackie Boy. You're right - they look stylish, but I'm sure the pups love it!

Abarshini said...

Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic

and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have

learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thanks you.




Trash Bag Liners

jade said...

my stove hood with it. It cleaned it alright...clear down to the metal and I had to re-paint it. Love all of your ideas, though. I have a cleaning service (33 years) and I'm always interested in new cleaning ideas!!

the maids

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...