Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Favorite Room in the Winter

Other than the bedroom, I love to spend most of my time out on the porch during the summer, and when summer ended so did my favorite lounging spot. Luckily, A and I decided to foster Miss Bessie Belle, because she agreed to let me turn our front room into a large bed. 
Though it is probably hard for many of you to believe, some people think that I am still much like a little kid. When I told A that my co-workers told me that I have the attention span of a 12 year old, she said she was offended, because I am more like a 6 year old. That being written, I finally had my perfect front room, with numerous places to just lounge and cuddle with the pooches. 
We had four large comforters laying all around the front room, so I, along with the pooches, could lay, crawl and lay wherever we felt like. Problem is that now that I'm on the floor, I have become another chair or pillow for Miss M.
   
Unlucky for all of us, A felt like we lived in squalor and "requested" that I find a better option to make the front room the perfect lounging room. The pooches and I decided to order a Molly Mutt huge dog bed duvet and we filled it with all of the comforters that we used to make the perfect lay, crawl, lay area.

Now, the Molly Mutt bed has become the best spot where the pooches and I can hang out and relax. I guess the only downside is that oftentimes it gets too crowded for me and

sometimes it even becomes too crowded for Miss M.

16 comments:

Jaime said...

That last picture is the best! Izzy is often too cool to lay in a dog bed. The couch or floor work better than that nice fluffly corner bed we have for her.

But when we visit "grandma and grandpa" she will steal one of the beds from the big bad labs. No cuddling going on in that house.

Of Pit Bulls and Patience said...

Oh Miss M, lady of 1,000 faces. In college we had a huge dog bed we kept in front of the fireplace. Sure, the foster dogs slept on it, but it was hard to find space with the 3 humans already laying there.

Sepaliti said...

Oh my gosh, I just spit out my coffee when I saw that last pic. I love reading your blog in the morning. It's a great way to start the day!

Two Grad Students and a Pittie said...

Wow Dental Student is gonna love today's post! E is always a riot...

Luv My Rosie said...

I think its a natural born trait in our pits to be bed hogs. I often find myself sleeping elsewhere so Ms. Rosie can nap in the lap of luxury. I only have 1 pit as there is not enough room in my bed for more. I dont' know how you guys do it with 3 of them lounging. BUT nothing makes happier than to see Ms. Rosie enjoying her slumber.

goosie mama said...

These pictures are hilarious and what a great post! These pups certainly have the life! :)

Millie and Walter said...

I just love all of those snuggle pictures! Maybe you should just get a couch with a pull-out bed and let the dogs hang out on that with you? I would make sure the pull-out was a king sized though.

Cindy

In Black and White said...

She looks so outraged that she's fallen off the end! I've been waiting for some fabric to make a big bed for Bilbo and it finally arrived yesterday. Now I just can't decide what pattern to make...

Anonymous said...

ha, miss m has the best crowded face.

Lindsay said...

Miss M's crazy eyes are my favorite. Such expressions!!!

Emily said...

So the last picture is beyond hilarious. Our boy thinks that if you are laying or sitting on the floor you have transformed into a chair/pillow/bed as well.

Julia said...

I love it! We just got the pink version of that Molly Mutt bed for Lily!

brooke said...

ahahahhahaha these were great pictures! So funny. Love the one of Miss M sitting on you and her face in the last picture! haha

Mary said...

The boys need a new bed and I'm totally going to order one of these! Their big bed bit the dust and the one they have is just too little for their liking. I wonder if I can make it so cozy, they will prefer it to the couch? Fat chance!

That last picture is so funny. Miss M has the roundest eyes. And how is it possible that no one has adopted Bessie?

A Wonderful Dogs Life said...

Hmmmm, blankies and pillows all over the living room floor for comfy snuggles sounds like an idea I just might borrow ;) Then the people will have somewhere comfy to sit or lay :)

Miss M you are such a cute character. Love that last picture. Maybe a you need one of those pillow beds with bumpers.

Emma

Anonymous said...

Ha! What a fun way to spend the winter :) Enjoy your time being a kid with the kids :) Um...can I come over for a sleepover? ;) Looks real comfy there :D

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...