Friday, March 29, 2013

Pooches: Mr. B Tries so Hard

One of our all-time most popular posts. Make sure to watch the video to see why.
Mr. B is such a sweet and loyal dog, but sadly, he is not very bright, which makes life difficult in a home where treats are handed out based on intelligence and to make matters worse he lives with a pooch that is smarter than anyone else in the house.
I would like to state that A chooses to treat the pooches after a trick or some sort of show, which clearly favors Miss M. I, on the other hand, give treats whenever they look cute, which is clearly in favor of Mr. B. The snooty Miss M and A are the intellectuals of the house, watching foreign movies with ironic humor and reading things like books, while Mr. B and I are very much the simpletons of the house watching instant classics like the new Muppet movie and reading things like the comics page in the newspaper.
Poor Mr. B, despite his inferior intellect, he still tries very hard to learn new tricks. It took us over a year to teach him down, on top of his other trick of sit, but A wanted to push the boundary and add wave to his repertoire of tricks. Now Mr. B is so confused that he cannot tell if he should be waving, sitting or laying. Sometimes you can see that single wheel in his head spinning so slowly as he tries to figure out the trick that will get him the morsel of treat.
But like his old man, he is not quite bright and not a quitter and he will try until he gets it right.


Also:
Why we need to do things like this. Though if this is happening, maybe it all evens out.

20 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

Oh, the poor guy! He at least deserves a treat for being so darn cute and trying!

Sam

Trissi_V said...

That video never gets old. Mr. B is such a sweetie.

Laura and Hans said...

I never get tired of it either!

Corbin said...

HAHA Definitely had me giggling out loud at my desk :-)
-Corbin's momma, Jenn

SherylmmSJC said...

I heart Mr. B! What a cute fun video, loved the write up too!

Anonymous said...

I think Miss M is putting some force field around Mr. B with her kerazy eyes. And so it distorts whatever you're trying to ask Mr. B to do. But no matter what kinda power her kerazy eyes puts out, she can't make him any less adorbs!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Anonymous said...

Could they BE any cuter?! I don't think so. I have to say, working on training in a multi-dog household is much more tricky... for humans and dogs alike!

Kiira said...

Loooove that video.

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo cute! More videos :)

Anonymous said...

You can just see the wheels turning as he hears "down" and knows he's already doing "sit." We also have the brilliant vs not-so-brilliant dog. It tests my husband's patience since it takes so much longer for the dog to learn a command reliably!

liliana876 said...

One of the best qualities of a good dog is that they try to please you, even if they don't perform the trick quite right.

The video had me laughing out loud :)

~L.

liliana876 said...

One of the best qualities of a good dog is that they try to please you, even if they don't perform the trick quite right.

The video had me laughing out loud :)

~L.

Maggie said...

My Maggie is none too bright either - a popular eager to-please, mouth-breathing, smiley-faced, straight C student. We love that about her.

She'll throw in everything she's for a treat.

One thing that really helped was Rally class where you change up the commands depending on the course. It gave her a lot of confidence, and it forces her to focus. Mr. B might enjoy that too.

ReganWoodPhotography said...

OH Mr. B. I love when he covers his bases by waving as he lies down. My terrier Stewart is too smart for his own good. I think less bright dogs make easier dogs!

My Two Pitties said...

This reminds me so much of Kaya & Norman. Mr B's wave at the end is the best, "I'm doin' it!"

Courtney said...

Mr. B is so freaking adorable.

Anonymous said...

I think I love Mr. B even more now! He's so cute!

I love how Miss M kept getting down further and further when you said down, that really made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Oh Mr. B I love you!!!

Leslie said...

Oh but he's soooo cute trying. I was laughing out loud at Miss M becoming one with the floor before Mr. B finally laid down. I thought she was going to have to dig a hole to get any further down before he figured it out. So sweet, both of them.

DeeDee said...

This video is so hilarious! I watched it three times - and brought my boyfriend in to watch it again. Thanks for sharing - Mr. B. is a genius in my book (I'm convinced he's just pretending, so that Miss M can feel in control).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...