Thursday, May 24, 2012

DoggyStyle: Kissed by a Pitbull

I often write about how I never wanted to adopt a pitbull; I too used to believe all the hype.
My biggest revelation was when I actually met my first pitbull. I realized, I only believed everything because I'd never met a pitbull in real life. I didn't know their true nature:
So this became one of the reasons for starting our blog. We take every chance for our pooches to meet people around the city so we can show everyone how great pitbull-type dogs are. Sharing our experiences online allows people to 'meet' our pooches virtually and hopefully they can share with someone else who has never met a pitbull. It's always funny to see other people's reactions when they first meet our pooches:
(This girl was so excited she threw her purse and beer to the side and Miss M climbed right into her lap.)
Then Mayzie's person came up with a really great idea: since we meet so many people at festivals and parades, we should make pitbull stickers. So now we're not only influencing the people we directly meet, but wearing a  "Kissed by a Pitbull" sticker will allow them to open the conversation with everyone that they meet.
We decided to use Moo again and here are samples of the stickers we made.
 Pride Parade edition:
Which one is your favorite?

P.S. Our favorite video of former foster dog SuperLevi's first day meeting people (a wedding party!) and we can't get enough of seeing how well-loved our pooches are here.
P.P.S Pitbull Kissing Booth (with Pittieful Love's former foster!)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE! I luvs them all! But my favoritest one is prolly the first one. Or maybe the second one. Or...oh, I really can't decide. They're all just too, too Most Wonderful!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Liz @ The Shrinking Owl said...

I love these! I think my favorite are the Pride ones, but I also love the winter hats!

Heids said...

For the purposes of spreading pit bull love, the first one is probably the best because they look the happiest, but that picture of them in the winter hats is maybe one of my favorite things to exist. At any rate, this is a GREAT idea and I might have to get Chops some calling cards too!

Mandy said...

I agree, the first one since it shows off that trademark pitty smile. Love your dogs, and I am always amazed at how well they mug for the camera ;)

julie g said...

My favorite is the one with Miss M and Mr. B. in it. :)

Olya Z said...

LOVE THE STICKERS!!!!! What a fantastic idea :-)

Two Grad Students and a Pittie said...

I LOVE THIS! Dying!

Millie and Walter said...

They are all fantastic. I can see the top one being your main sticker, but you could use the winter hat one during the cold weather months. It is funny that you labeled that last one as the Pride version because being someone of a much older vintage than yourself I just thought retro '60s when I saw it. I think you should print some of all of them.

Cindy

Taylor G said...

Pride or winter one. Shows the playful side that most people don't see when they look at pits. Plus how can you hate on a dog who is willing to be subjected to such torture as being dressed up?

Luv My Rosie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the stickers!! What a great idea! Its a wonderful way to show the pittie love. I think you should use all the stickers in different situations. For instance, when you go to the pride parade, pass those around!!! I just love this idea!!! I actually have a t-shirt that says "Kissed by a Pitbull".. You guys are awesome...I wish I didn't live so far away as I would join you in your group!

SherBear said...

Wow, this is one of the best ideas that you have come up with (and you guys have come up with a LOT of excellent ideas!!). Maybe it's bc I live in Boystown, but I'm partial to the Pride Parade edition :-)

Laura said...

First and fourth. :)

Unknown said...

Pride version all the way. Those costumes are flipping awesome. Mr. B's hat is to die for!

Anonymous said...

This is SUCH a great idea! I think my favorite is the third one where Mr. B and Ms. M are giving eachother a knowing look, like "yeah, we kissed this person." So cool!

Rebelwerewolf said...

My favorite is the Pride Parade version, but they are all awesome.

Trissi_V said...

Do these dogs take a bad picture? They are like the Barney Stinson's of the dog world.

I love #1, but number 3 cracks me up, and I love number 4 because of they look like the old comfortable couple and number 2, well, it has furry hats.

Maybe you should do seasonal stickers...4 stickers...4 seasons, problem solved. :-)

My Two Pitties said...

Wow! It's hard to decide but that winter picture is just too much! The fonts are a lot of fun too:) Cool idea!

Two Kitties One Pittie said...

I love them all. If I had to pick one (which is hard!) I think the winter hats one is my favorite. But they're all great!

Anonymous said...

Winter hats is definitely the best. Mr. B looks so adorable!

Tucker The Crestie said...

They're all awesome!

Corbin said...

Oh, I could never pick just one! But if you twisted my paw, I'd have to say the last one! That's such a great idea!
-Corbin

Mary said...

Sooooo cute! How can I possibly choose a favorite? I think I'm going to have to go with the second one. You can just see Mr. B's thought bubble saying "here she goes again, hogging all the attention." But the retro font in the third one is pretty cool too.

Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out since Levi is not exactly in love with people, but at least my little social butterfly Neptune makes up for him!

PoochesForPeace said...

I like the first one and the last one!

A Wonderful Dogs Life said...

They are all so adorable. I'm going with the first one.

Emma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...