Friday, September 25, 2009

Pooches: Poisonous Flowers

We had written prior about how we maintain an all-natural smelling home. While we like to have fresh flowers to keep our house smelling nice, keep in mind several plants and flowers can be toxic, and even deadly, for dogs. I don't know all the details, I'm sure it depends on the amount of the plant ingested and the size of the dog, but I was actually shocked to find this extensive list detailing all the plants and flowers that can be harmful to animals.
We did have a "slight incident" with Miss M. Apparently she was smelling the flowers and some of the pollen rubbed off and stained her face. Check out her yellow spot. Since then we have moved the flowers to a higher, dog-prone area.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...