Friday, February 3, 2012

"The Great White Pooch" by Miss M

Miss M has quite the reputation among Mr. B and our former fosters for her needy sleeping habits. It didn't take Miss M long to realize that Mr. B makes a pretty comfortable pillow.
Lucky for Mr. B, he gets to enjoy a short respite from Miss M, whenever we have a foster, such as Wilma
and Super Levi,
but it is not quite the same with Miss Bessie Belle, Mr. B is a bit confused why he is still the warm bodice for Miss M. As written in Miss M's memoirs: "Call me Miss M... Chief among all my endeavors is the marvelous cushion of the great pooch. Such a portentous and mysterious ottoman rouses all of my dreams," Miss Bessie Belle is Miss M's most elusive ottoman and pillow. Yet, there was one time, when Miss M came very close to capturing the great white pooch.
She started her voyage by testing the pillows and the limits of the great pooch's tolerance.
She laid to give the great pooch a false sense of security. 
 
Then she checked to ensure that the great pooch was sound asleep from her false sense of security,
and she plotted her plan of attack, we could see the wheels turning inside Miss M's little head.
Out of nowhere she swooped in, like a cheetah, a rather portly cheetah, for her most elusive ottoman. 
But, Miss Bessie Belle was wise enough to always sleep with one eye open and knew that Miss M was approaching. 
Poor Miss Bessie Belle has the look of terror in her eyes, as she ran quickly away from the grips of Miss M's monster arms. 
Unlucky for Miss M, Miss Bessie Belle just eluded her clutches  
and not became just another foster succumbed to Miss M's wiles.
PS. Did you catch the literary reference?
PSS. We've heard people have been having problems commenting. We have an exciting giveaway next week, so we wanted to get a sense of whether people are still having that problem. If you can't comment...please let us know on our Two Pitties facebook page.

27 comments:

Kiira said...

Miss M Memoir Friday! She is so darn hilarious

TheQueerBird said...

This made me laugh out loud! I think Fae would be a sleeper-on-dogs if Daph would tolerate it. Poor Miss M - foiled!

Two Grad Students and a Pittie said...

This is soooo funny! I love the photo of Ms. M on Wilma!

Molly said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! Love it.

In Black and White said...

I love this. Miss M is such a ham.

dw said...

Miss M, forever in search of the elusive white ottoman! Call the writer Ishmael and watch her story unfold!!

Gin said...

I love this! Poor Miss M just trying to get a comfy spot on Miss Bessie-Belle. And I'm guessing the reference is to the movie Losers. I love the whole The Pooch. I love reading about your guys adventures!

Sarah said...

Miss M takes the dog pile to a whole new level!

Millie and Walter said...

That first picture of Miss M cracks me up with that wrinkle across the top of her head. I think the problem for Miss M with Bessie Belle is that this foster is much older and wiser than your previous fosters and at her advanced age is not about to let anyone use her for a pillow.

Cindy

Of Pit Bulls and Patience said...

To be fair, Miss Bessie Belle looks very squishy and comfy! That's a tempting ottoman for any dog!

The Daily Pip said...

Gosh, I wish I had another dog around to use as a pillow!

Your pal, Pip

goosie mama said...

That picture of Miss M and Wilma is so great!! Miss Bessie Belle is too funny (totally making an "I'm not so sure ..." face). This post is amazing!

matt said...

thats so funny...my pit motley enjoyed the pictures!!! Motley thinks he can do that to me whenever he wants ha

brooke said...

hahahha love this! I love how Miss M cuddles with the other pooches! So sweet!

Tucker The Crestie said...

Too funny - Miss M. is relentless in her pursuit! Phoebe does this to Tucker all the time.

A Wonderful Dogs Life said...

Miss M you are adorable! Poor Bessie Belle looks like she can't get outta there fast enough. One day they will snuggle. It just might be Miss M that's the pillow ;)

Emma

Cereal City Doggie Mom said...

No problem commenting. Loved the Great White Pooch!

2 Punk Dogs said...

Maggie & Duke like to snuggle, but Miss M takes it to the extreme! Mr. B, Levi & Wilma all look smooshed, but happy.

Laura and Hans said...

Even though we rode our bikes to the library today I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't get your literary reference right off the bat! This is because I was laughing too hard at Miss M's failure to turn poor Bessie into her own personal ottoman.

Kolchak Puggle said...

LOL, adorable post! I laughed out loud. I love the picture of Miss M practically crushing that foster pup. I bet foster pups are really squishy. I should replacce y pillow with one.

PoochesForPeace said...

that is so funny, she's so cute :) Shadow does something similar to this, but only with humans, not with spuds. And she also does this in the form of always having to sit on someone or something soft...if your feet are on the floor in any way, she'll sit on them rather than the floor. Or even in bed, she'd rather sit on our legs or stomach (ouch!) than the bed lol.

SWK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

what kind of camera do you guys use?

KJR said...

Just discovered your blog and I love it! As a pibble lover and native to Chicago I can really appreciate your adventures. This post is adorable and I love that you captured it all in pictures. By the way, is that a PostSecret book I see? :)

Sarge in Charge said...

THAT FACE at the end! Dying.

Anonymous said...

This post just made my morning... Miss M just cracks me up!

liliana876 said...

Adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...