Friday, February 17, 2012

The Stuffy Named Mr. B

Several people have mentioned that Mr. B reminded them of a stuffed animal and just last month we wrote about Mr. B and his stuffies, but now we are thinking that Mr. B might actually be a stuffy. In his winter hat he looks a lot like Paddington Bear 
and just like Paddington Bear he is a member of his adoptive family, but unlike Paddington Bear he does not have a love for marmalade, but a love for easy cheese. Akin to Paddington Bear, Mr. B wears his hat and has adventures in the big city, not London, but Chicago. A has written how he looks like the lovable Baloo from Disney's adaption of The Jungle Book.

I  like to think of him more like Winnie-the-Pooh, having adventures all around the city and sometimes in our home with
 
his stuffies; Piglet, Tigger and crew.
 
can even picture him adapting this quote for his favorite stuffy “We'll be Friends Forever, won't we, Pooh (Mr. B)?' asked Piglet (Stuffy). Even longer,' Pooh (Mr. B) answered.” 

So that would mean that I'm Christopher Robin 

and this would be my sentiment to Mr. B.

27 comments:

Two Grad Students and a Pittie said...

Little tears, that was an amazing post! I love the literary references you guys conjour up!

HoundDogMom said...

You guys are amazing. :) Sniffs, The HoundDogs

P.S...The dreaded 2 word security code. Yikes

How Sam Sees It said...

Sweet!

Sam

(I agree with HoundDogMom - two words? The second one isn't easy to read at all! I'm on my 2nd attempt now...)

Millie and Walter said...

I love this post. Mr. B is one special dog and you are his special boy (man really).

Cindy

Jaime said...

Does Mr. B like the stuffies without the stuffing?? Or does he need that soft pillow?

Anonymous said...

i love this all, and i love the end :)

In Black and White said...

That is so adorable. My cousin's little girl thinks that our cousin Chris IS Christopher Robin! She goes to visit him at work and he updates her on everything pooh-bear has been up to...

RachaelRei said...

Seriously sweet!! This choked me up.

sweetemaline said...

Awww...this totally made me cry! So sweet!

Two Kitties One Pittie said...

Ha! I love this so much. Thanks for brightening my morning!

Trissi_V said...

"The Adventures of Mr. B and Friends" sounds like a good children's book if you ask me. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, this made me smile all over!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Anonymous said...

Cutest thing ever! Mr. B is my dream dog - after Rufus, of course!~

Tannia G. said...

That post is so so sweet! Also I too appreciate the literary references. So well written.

brooke said...

Awww that was cute!

matt said...

creative little sotryline....i wanna find a hat like that for my pitbull motley

Check Motley out at http://thepitbullpalace.blogspot.com/ if you get a chance

A Wonderful Dogs Life said...

My eyes are a bit misty. That was so sweet.

I wish I cold hug Mr. B from here.

Emma

2 Punk Dogs said...

I completely teared up at the end. Mr. B really is the Velveteen Pitbull come to life!

Rebelwerewolf said...

Mr. B also lets Miss M use him as a pillow, in the same way he uses his stuffies as pillows.

Anonymous said...

oh i just love how smooshie and comfortable your pups always look. quite like their stuffies.

pibble said...

Awwww, he's just such a snuggly thing. Love the hat!

Chris said...

Beautiful...........

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh, SO sweet. Now I am starting my Sunday all filled up wtih warm fuzzies! :)

ForPetsSake said...

That is one of the cutest posts I've ever read! Well done! That 1st pic of him in his winter hat is a real heart-melter. I just want to throw my arms around his neck and snuggle in!

Kate said...

oh my goodness this was the sweetest post ever...

Emily said...

New favorite post??? I think so!

Maria said...

Yeah, I totally teared up at this one =) i'm new to pitties in the city and totally hooked!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...