Thursday, January 10, 2013

DoggyStyle: City Gorilla and Country Mouse Snoods

I never expected to become someone who dressed up their dog...especially when said dog is 70+ pounds. It all started when I saw how much Miss M hated the colder weather, and I needed to get her a coat just to stay warm.
That became our gateway apparel. 
Once I saw how cute coats and gear made our pups that much more approachable, we moved on from there.
Much like my scarf is an essential for the Chicago winter, I figured our pups needed their own neck-gear to cover that extra space their coats don't cover. Snoods are like a circular scarf which is perfect for dogs because you can also pull them over their heads for that seal-like look.
Even better...we love these snoods from Snug-a-Bull showing the pooches' animal look-alikes.
With the way he scurries around, we always thought Mr. B was like an extra-large mouse.
And Miss M's nickname is "gorilla", because her nose looks just like a gorilla (I can't tell you how many times I 'recognized her' when I was watching Planet of the Apes).
The best part is they make even the most dreary winter walk more fun. I don't think a single person walked by without smiling or laughing. And even with fewer people out in the cold, their snoods even lured people in to give them pets.
Plus... I don't think any pup could take a bad photo in these! 

Also:

15 comments:

RuthieJ said...

Those snoods are so cute.
When I got Holly, I followed your example by getting her some cute doggie clothes & scarves to wear. She is such a tolerant pibble and willingly wears anything I put on her. I totally agree that it makes her so much cuter & approachable. Even when she's riding in the car, people will smile & sometimes even wave at her when they pass! (now I have to teach Holly to wave back like Miss M!)

sweetemaline said...

The snoods are just about my favorite thing in the whole world. For real. Sirius Republic collars. Snug-a-Bull snoods. Sweaters. You name it, Mr. B & Ms. M can rock it! :)

Emily @ Our Waldo Bungie
www.ourwaldobungie.com

Karen said...

I love these snoods!!! My Lucy, a
pug-shar pei Mix has the Panda Snood which is adorable but also so,so functional. She's always had sensitive ears and the cold and wind bothers them so much. This has been a great solution. Looking at Mr B and Ms M's pictures today I may have to order a couple more...:)
I've also borrowed some of your suggestions for hats and scarves. Thanks so much for sharing all of your ideas and stories!!

SherBear said...

I finally got Nala her red hoodie yesterday and I could not stop smiling last night when I took her out!! The neighbors just LOVE the friendly pitbull who wears clothes (jacket, poncho and now a hoodie), I need to get her a snood next!! Talk about gateway apparel - hanging out with you guys makes it worse ;)

Life_With_Alfred said...

Thanks for sharing the snoods on today's post! As always, Miss M & Mr B look maaaahhhhhvelous.

Kim @ Yellow Brick Home said...

SO CUTE! I love how Mr B is looking up at his dad in one of the photos. We got a snood for Jack too - can't wait!!

Unknown said...

We are hoping to get snoods for ours soon! I can't imagine how much fun I will have taking pics of the dogs in them! Oh I can already feel Annie's anger :) As always, your pooches have brightened our day.

K-Koira said...

Those are pretty darn adorable snoods. I almost wish our weather was cold enough to justify getting some!

Anonymous said...

I am so in love with these snoods, Mr. B and Ms. M look so cute!

Wyatt said...

You 2 are already snuggly and adorable! But, you keep getting cuter!

Wyatt and Stanzie

Two French Bulldogs said...

so adorable. You are giving mom ideas
Snuggles,
Benny & Lily

PoochesForPeace said...

Those r so cute!

Rebelwerewolf said...

I've found that even our tiny pocket pitties are more approachable when they're dressed up. Usually people in our apartment complex leave us alone when we're out walking the dogs, but one night Mushroom was wearing her coat, and three separate people came up to pet her!

maddeelou said...

I love these. After reading your blog and seeing how adorable Mr. B and Ms. M looked, I ordered a Snug-a-Bull Panda snood for my black and white PB, Baxter. He looks marvelous. =)

Emily said...

I love those snoods but there's probably only about 3 days out of the year in AZ where it would make sense to put one on our dogs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...