Monday, April 21, 2014

SociaBulls: The One thing We Still Don't Know

I would say our Chicago SociaBulls group is close.
We forgo sleeping in and get up early on weekends to meet.
We often drive to far, remote locations together just to walk.
And we've walked together in wind, and rain, and this.
And while we've seen each other so much and often know intimate details of a pup's diet and digestive patterns, the one thing we still don't know about each other....is the human's names.
We are known as "Max's person", "Sophie's person", "Persephone's person" or "Hank's person".
(I get to cheat a little because I have access to all the applications and login names, but sometimes I still don't remember).
Anyone else want to confess that they have no idea of the person's name they've speaking to?

Also:
This helps.
Most Popular dog names!
Join our Chicago SociaBulls  Facebook page for more photos and information about group walks.

12 comments:

OG said...

HAHAHA! So apropos to city life with dogs!

Unknown said...

Yep. Guilty here, too.

Unknown said...

I am the same way with the people I meet at the dog park. I can tell you all the dogs' names but not a clue on the owners.

My Dog Barry said...

I think my husband and I were just talking about this! How we've met so many people here in Chicago yet we don't know their names! We know Dozer, Duke, Cassie, Cici, Romeo, Phantom, Jasmine, and the list goes on. I know my dog walker's name and her dog's name but I suppose that doesn't count, does it?

I wonder why this is? I think people with dogs just bond to each other in such a different way, a deeper way where the human name is secondary. I have a feeling people know us as the Barry group, and I am okay with it.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Mom doesn't know any of our neighbors names. Only all the pups
Lily & Edward

Hannah@Eriesistibull said...

This is the same in our group! I try to remember based off the applications, but it's so hard! I get questions all the time from other members -- What is Baily's person's name?" One thing that has helped is our every-so-often, humans-only get togethers.

Anonymous said...

Guilty! I never seem to remember the owner, but I sure know their pets!

2 Punk Dogs said...

Oh good, it's not just us!
A lot of our neighbors know me as "the dog lady" because they never see me without the dogs. It's funny when they say "Hi Maggie! Hi Duke!" because I don't know their names either. :)

Annie & Pauls Mom said...

Yes, there are definite times I introduce myself as Annie and Paul's Mom. There are also times I've run into people and called them by "their dog's name" parent.

Patty said...

LOL! So true, we used to frequent the dog park when sophie was younger. I could name every dog that was part of the morning crew but no clue what the owners names were. Even with our flyball team sometimes we refer to each other by our dog's names. :-P

Rachel @ My Two Pitties said...

Ha! So true, when I used to go to the dog park it was that way.

LaVonne said...

When I live in a very dog friendly apartment complex, it was the same.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...