Thursday, January 21, 2010

DoggyStyle: Leash hooks

I'm always in a rush in the morning to walk the pooches before I head out for work, so we started a whole organizational system to keep things quick. We wanted to find a permanent place to hang their leashes, so we were looking for some nice looking coat hooks. We really liked these flip hook racks by umbra. We bought two of the racks and hung them together to make one big hook. I like that they flip up and down, plus they match our dog storage boxes.In the morning I just have to grab each leash, and depending on the weather, the pooches hang their coats there also--that would be Miss M's fluffy pink coat, not mine.
I didn't know pooches required so much stuff. What are your secrets for organizing everything?

6 comments:

laura said...

I have no organizational skills! That's one of the reasons I read your blog! Our living arrangements have been in limbo for quite awhile and I don't want to spend money on something that might not look good in a new place. But, if we ever end up with a real place of our own again, I'll be using a lot of your tips.
And I'm still loving Miss M's coat!!

Kate said...

We really need to do something like this. Now that it's dark and cold when we walk the dogs we have 2 sweaters, 2 reflective vests, 3 headlights, 2 easy walker harnesses, PLUS the leashes to get on them each time we go for a walk with all 3 dogs. It's a circus! Right now we have a couple baskets that everything goes in, but I really like the idea of having hooks right by the door for it too.

pibble said...

Hmmm... organization? What's that... Actually, I have a fairly large, covered rectangular basket from Potter Barn that holds just about everything, from leashes and collars, to Buster's little coat and the grooming clippers. of course, once you take the cover off, it's not too pretty.

Kari in Alaska said...

we have a long wasted hallway in our apartment that we use for storage

dw said...

I love the little pink coat of Miss M's! Thanks for stopping by my blog and offering encouraging words. I have a couple of blue mesh folding cubes that I got a few years ago, and I've repurposed one of them to hold dog gear. Yep, I've got some puppy pads (even though I'm not getting a puppy -- she's 2 -- I'll be setting up her potty area on the balcony), and even a couple of toys already. :)

Dexter said...

We have something like that too. It started out OK, but now it is all jammed up with leashes, treat bags, hats, coats, oh my!

Slobbers,
Mango

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...