Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pooches: Daily Walk in 10 Pictures 10.20.10

 Now that we have found some time and the weather is cooler, we were able to go on a nice walk around our neighborhood. To start off our venture, Ms. M had to be annoying and find a nice walking stick to chomp around with.
True to Ms. M's form, she quickly grew tired of the cigar smoking look
True to Chicago's form, a rat had to cross in front of us, while we were walking both pooches in the middle of a Sunday afternoon.
True to Mr. B's form, he had to freak out and start crying like a little piglet. And like Ahab, he was on the lookout for his Moby Rat.
It is very convenient living so close to public transportation. We have four major bus stops two blocks from our place and a major EL stop is less than a 1/2 mile from our place. 
Too bad for Ms. M, they don't let pooches on the EL. It would be nice if they let our pooches on the EL. We would be able to see more of the sights, without worrying about traffic and/or parking. Plus Ms. M would be able to meet a ton of people, that would be forced to pet her because we would be in a confined space. 
One empty store front had this crazy movie theatre that had Mr. B complete mesmerized. His ears were up and his head kept tilting and we couldn't get him moving on our walk.
Our neighborhood is one of the most bike friendly areas in the whole city. Everywhere we go, we see bikes locked up and sometimes during day, we see more bikers than cars on the road or at an intersection. This parking sign is very indicative of our neighborhood.
We also have this great bike shop, Copenhagen Cyclery, that carries some amazing dutch bikes and couple cargo trikes. My dream one day is to own a cargo trike and ride with both pooches around the city in the cargo bay. From this picture, it looks like Mr. B has the same dream. Happy Wednesday.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ug - rats give me the willies! Good thing I had the image of Miss M chomping on her bone to cleanse my mind-palate!

Levi said...

I just love going on your walks wif you!

jet said...

bet your poochies would love to be in the trike with the wind in their hair!

Corbin said...

You take really awesome walks! Mr. B sounds like me when I see something I can't get to... I whine and cry and throw a fit :-)
-Corbin

jen said...

A cargo trike would be so cool!
I can see it in my mind, the three of you would be all stylin ridin together:)

houndstooth said...

My husband will be on a mission until he finds that bike shop if I tell him about it! The trike idea is a pretty cool one. We've got a bike trailer that I've toyed with trying to get one of the dogs to ride in, but so far, I haven't been brave enough.

Mack said...

You guys take some awesome walks with your peeps! That rat looks kinda scawy....

Wyatt said...

Great walk....minus the rat factor!
Stanzie would have pulled us under that car to get it!

Wyatt

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Luvs da walk but NOT da rat, dey gives my mom the heebie jeebies!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday!

Shiva loves to walk around with a stick in her mouth as well. It's really funny when the stick is twice her size.

Thanks for sharing your walk with us!

Mary said...

I'm so far behind, but first wanted to congratulate A on the marathon! It sounds like it was the most miserable weather ever, so I admire you even more on completing that grueling run.

I can't imagine Ms. M. ever being annoying! She's so cute with her cigar stick. I would pay money to see you pulling Mr. B. and Ms. M. in a cargo trike. You would become local celebrities for sure.

Shauna (Fido and Wino) said...

Rats. Fabulous :)

brooke said...

Ugh. I hate when I see rats on the streets. yuck.
Id love to see a picture of the pooches riding in the back of a cargo trike. I dont think Darwin would sit still in one.

The Daily Pip said...

Did they notice the rat? Pip doesn't seem to notice them. He is freaked out by possums.

Daisy Dog said...

I had pet rats for a while. They are actually incredibly smart. Can be trained like dogs too. The only drawback is there short life span, usally 2 years. It was too hard to have a buddy then have them die so soon.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Nice walk kids. Window shopping, smoking a cigar, BOL
Benny & Lily

Sightless said...

If you get them in the cargo of the trike, doggles on each would be mandatory (as well as pictures)! You haven't seen scary rats 'til you've seen NYC subway rats. I do wish they'd let dogs on the subways, jeez imagine a world like that? Oh yeah, go to France.

Kari in Alaska said...

I think Mr B is imagining the wind in his ears :)

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Road Dog Tales said...

Fun pics! Love your walks. Glad to see your town is bike friendly. Charleston can't decide if they're a bike town or not. On one hand they encourage riding bikes, on the other they want to discourage parking bikes in lots of places. What are cyclists supposed to do, carry 'em around on their backs? Glad we're dogs and we just let Mom & Dad deal with getting us from place to place:)
The Road Dogs

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

About the EL, oh I KNOW! I can't even get into, let alone around, the city of my birth because I'm too big to fit in a doggy carrier. I would love to take a walk on city sidewalks, but I can't get there from here. If I could bark someone into driving me into the city, well parking costs a small fortune unless you can find a spot on the street, which you can't. And then there's no way to get farther than walking distance. That is not what I call a good plan.

lotsa licks, Lola

the booker man said...

i like goin' on your chicago walkies with you! that icky rat is totally a lucky ducky that he got away. oh, and i think a cargo trike would be SO COOL!!

*woof*
the booker man

Anonymous said...

That was a great walk! It's good for that rat that Brudder Ranger wasn't around. They don't call 'em RAT terriers for nothing, you know!

And I can't believe that they won't let doggies on the EL thing. That's just ker-azy!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Meeka said...

Mr B cry like a little piglet? He's too manly to cry.

Anonymous said...

Ick - at least the rat was outside though! We have a slight rat issue at my workplace, and one visited me at my office door - I wasn't too happy :)

Wish we had a bike shop like that and that our city was as bike friendly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...