Monday, March 17, 2014

Pooches: Miss M and Mr B Bring Happiness to the 2014 Chicago St. Patrick's Day Parade

But the truth is, I had such strong feelings when I had never even met a pit bull before. 
It was only after meeting my first pit bull-type dog at an adoption event--then my second, then my third-- that I realized they really are just like any other type of dog (though I now think even more amazing!).
Once in costume, Mr. B falls into character
Part of the fun of our adventures around the city is letting other people meet pit bull-type dog for the first time. This weekend we hit up Chicago's Downtown St. Patrick's Day Parade, which is such a huge event, the city even dyes the river green. The parade draws people from around the country, and even from other countries. A lot of people who met the pups wanted to know what kinds of dogs they were, and a couple of people even reveled in their own 'first time they met a pit bull' experience.
As one man from another country said "This is Pitbull? Pitbull is good!".
Mr. B brought along his camera to document the experience from his point-of-view. My favorite part is the paparazzi on the bridge.
Here are the pups bringing happiness to St. Patrick's Day revelers,with appropriate accompanying music.
Also:
Did you know it has been proven watching cute pet videos really does make people happier and increase productivity at work? Feel free to check out this one (the one on Vimeo), this one, and this one too.
Check our Facebook page for more photos, comments, and storylines beyond the blog.

12 comments:

My Dog Barry said...

That is so cute! I love that Mr. B is wearing a camera so you can see everything from his point of view. What a great idea. Looks like everyone loved the pups!

Millie and Walter said...

Lately I've grown tired of the "Happy" song but I loved hearing it with your video. It sure did make me happy. Mr. B and Miss M. are the best ambasadogs.

Cindy

Chantelle said...

This is such wonderful Pittie PR! I live in Austin and walk my pittie, Felix, through the SXSW crowds each year. So many people comment that petting Felix is their first experience touching a pitbull, and that his sweet personality is not what they were expecting thanks to media hype. It's so rewarding to have him play a part in changing hearts and minds about these cuddly creatures.

Melanie said...

Looks like a fun time!

Henry also celebrated St. Patrick's Day this weekend. He didn't go to a parade, but he did get dressed up...

http://melanielstuff.blogspot.com/2014/03/weekend-recap-and-happy-st-patricks-day.html

Bleh said...

I just randomly found your blog as I was looking for adorable St. Patrick's Day dog photos! I simply love your blog and I hope you don't mind me sharing it on a Rescue page. :-)
Happy St. Patrick's Day from California! Love your pitties.

Patty said...

Love the video and the song you chose. Looks like Mr B and Miss m had a great day being ambasaddors

Regina Hart said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to two of my favorite little leprechauns!

OG said...

LOVE IT! Love the song! And a big big shout out for the wonderful things you do to build positive Pit Bull perceptions! And happy St. Patrick's day!

Hannah@Eriesistibull said...

So fun!! We had to miss our annual parade, which we love dressing the pooches up for. PS - I'm digging the scientific facts! More Ms M & Mr B videos for me!!

Unknown said...

the kids are rockstars! it is clear that Miss M particularly enjoys the adulation of her fans.

pibble said...

That is a great pic of Mr B! I love these doggy ambassadors; they're just what the world needs. xoxo

Unknown said...

I love that they love this! I think with all the people either my dogs, or I, would have a nervous breakdown!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...