Wednesday, November 25, 2009

DoggyStyle: Fashionable Rain Gear

The best part about having dogs in the city is you're forced to get out and go on walks.
The worst part about having dogs in the city is you're forced to get out and go on walks...in really bad weather. Unfortunately for us, they're predicting rain this whole holiday weekend.
After many a bad-weather mishap, I realized the trick to handling the bad Chicago weather is just to dress appropriately.
To keep the pooches from getting muddy and wet, we bought them these coats. It's much easier to clean mud and Chicago grime from the coats than from the pooches' fur. Plus, we really like the Ruff Wear coats because they fit the pooches' chest and neck; we've found most coats can't accommodate muscular dogs. I also like the hood because Miss M. doesn't like her face getting wet.
After many an uncomfortable wet pantleg incident, I realized the importance of getting good waterproof shoes. I picked up these Tretorn Plask rainboots; they are comfortable and waterproof, and they can still pass as cute shoes. They are made from a rubber material, but they're not shiny so you can still wear them as regular boots.
I like them so much I bought them in both brown and black. While they don't sell them from the store anymore, you can still find them online.
I also like wearing these prima crocs. Yes, they're crocs, but I think they actually look cute. I have them in a couple of colors and they're super comfortable and keep my feet dry. I usually wear these to walk the pooches or walk to work, then change into my real shoes once inside.
They always sold out really quickly in the stores, and now they don't even make them anymore; I have to order mine from ebay. Along with my waterproof shoes, I throw on my trusty trench coat to keep me dry, and a brimmed hat to keep the rain out of my face.

3 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

Happy Thanksgiving! If we still lived in the bay area we would need to get rain gear and wear booties since Baily won't get her feet wet! Luckily it doesn't rain much in LA!

pibble said...

They are just THE most adorable pooches in Chicago - I just know it! Those raincoats are tres chic!

Joana Pereira said...

I love, love, love the raincoats. Must have one.

Kiss*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...