Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pooches: If You Ever Doubted People Love Pitbulls and Pitbulls Love People....

Before I met Miss M, I had never met a pitbull before. I believed the media hype because that's all I knew. And it was that simple meeting with Miss M, and the other pitbull at the adoption event, that made me realize how wrong I'd been.
So now we love getting our dogs 'out there', and sharing our stories and photos online, to show what pitbull-type dogs are really like.
We love seeing what happens when people meet our dogs.
And when our dogs meet people.
Sure it may be the funny hat, the garland, or the tutu that draws them over, but then they realize they are just like any other pooch.
But they are pooches who are very patient wearing costumes.
 Pooches who are unfazed by noises and crowds.
Pooches who are very excited to meet new people.
The best part is to see it all in live action. Here is the video Mr. B took of last weekend's Pride Parade from his point of view (my favorite part is seeing it all happen from behind the cowboy hat):
Here is the video on Vimeo with the Phoenix - If I Ever Feel Better song that A picked out:
Here is hopefully the YouTube friendly version (with some random song):
 
These are our experiences we like to share. For anyone else who has never met a pitbull, what other stories or anecdotes would you share? (Tell us in the comments!)
Plus:
Last year's Dog Paparazzi
Our other favorite 'meeting' video
The new people they meet on a typical weekend.

15 comments:

Luv My Rosie said...

I get that alot with Rosie. People shy away when they hear she's a pit but she just shoves her way into your heart and your lap. People always tell me how friendly she is and if you rub her belly, your her friend forever.

Mandy said...

Oh no, I tried to watch the video but it was blocked for something called EMI which isn't allowed in my country??? I am in the US, so not sure what that is about.

Just have to say, again, your dogs are an inspiration, and make me want to put in the extra effort to make our dogs good pit bull citizens who can help change the world, just like Mr B and Miss M

Two Pitties in the City said...

Thanks everyone! We're hearing the video is blocked...stay tuned, we're working on it!

Kelsey said...

I definitely agree that a little flower can go a long way on a pitbull to make her more approachable. Where were you guys standing? We must have missed you - My pitbull, Leia, and I were walking with PAWS and we had a really good response from the crowd. I have a feeling her rainbow ribbons and flowers helped add to her charm :)

My Two Pitties said...

Such a great video...I want to get a camera for my dog but I'm not sure our videos would be as exciting!

Two Pitties in the City said...

@KayMeiGee we were towards the end near Broadway and Diversey. Did you really get to walk in the parade? I always heard dogs weren't allowed, though if that's not true....

sp said...

my dogs got accosted by pride parade goers this past sunday - someone asked to give my foster carlos a string of beads, but i directed them to costume little bear instead, who is much more patient with props :)

Keri @ Trinitys Love said...

That's to cute! I love how Miss. M gives out kisses to random people. She's such a lover ;)

Emily said...

Your ambassadogs are wonderful. Perfect pittie family that more people need to see. (Reality show...)

Two French Bulldogs said...

You guys are representin
Benny & Lily

RuthieJ said...

Your posts and stories are always such an inspiration to me. I love how with the "accessories" people quickly get past "pitbull" and see "adorable sweet dog" instead.
I spend way too many $$ on accessories for Holly, who is already a lovable dog, but if it makes her less scary and more approachable, then it's a small price to pay for spreading the word that pitbulls are not bad dogs!

Briana said...

I love Mr. B shoving his head between two people to get pet. My little guy Sammy did that!

Briana said...

I love Mr. B shoving his head between two people to get pet. My little guy Sammy did that!

Kelsey said...

PAWS encouraged us to bring our pup, so maybe the rules have changed? Since it was so hot out, we only made it to Belmont and Broadway before I decided that my rainbow pittie needed some QT with some AC. You should definitely look into walking next year - it was a blast and the parade goers were really welcoming!

Unknown said...

We should be so lucky as to have all celebrity be as open and welcoming as Miss M and Mr. B!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...