Friday, November 8, 2013

Warm Fuzzy Pooches

Though the weather has gotten a lot colder and days a lot shorter, I am not dreading the winter as much as I did in the past. In these past several years, fall and winter has become a time where we spend our days and nights together as a family.
In the summer, A and I spend so much time out and about. Though we do spend a lot of time with the pooches during the day, the pooches cannot attend many of the places we visit in the evening. Now that the weather is colder and our outdoor open concerts have ended, we spend a lot of time in the warmth of our home.
I enjoy pulling out the large dog bed from the office and laying out with Mr. B in the living room. This always results in some sort of hijinks with Miss M. A enjoys watching Miss M wedge herself in between Mr. B and me. Though I act as if I am annoyed, I actually enjoy getting squished by the two pooches as all three of us try to fit on the dog bed. 
While the walks in the dark and cold are unpleasant, the warmth of laying in the bottom of a Miss M and Mr. B pile makes it all worth it.
What are some things you enjoy about the winter that makes dark, cold nights enjoyable?

10 comments:

Hannah@Eriesistibull said...

I defintely hate that it is dark when we go out in the morning and dark when we go out after work, but I agree - winter snuggles are the best! With how nice the summers are here (and how bad the winters are), we are out and about the whole summer - it gets exhausting. By August, I'm secretly excited for the cooler weather so we can relax a bit more!

Regina Hart said...

So sweet! Nothing is better than snuggling with the pooches. Even my normally reclusive Otto curls up on the sofa with me when it's chilly. That is a definite bonus to the less-than-wonderful cold weather here in PA.

Luv My Rosie said...

My Rosie is a snuggler. She loves to lay under the blankets right next to me. She actually tries to morph herself on me but I dont' mind. Shes great at keeping your feet warm too!

Luv My Rosie said...

My Rosie is a snuggler. She loves to lay under the blankets right next to me. She actually tries to morph herself on me but I dont' mind. Shes great at keeping your feet warm too!

OG said...

Petey goes under the covers and lately I've been putting his blanket (an afghan my grandmother made - she would be horrified!) and we snuggled underneath. So cozy!

Rachel said...

It is a bit tough transitioning into the cold weather but I definitely agree- it is really nice to be home more and spend cozy time inside.
One of my favorite things about the cooler weather is that a lot of people choose to stay in so when we want to take our pups on walks in local parks we have a much less chance of running into off leash dogs because most people don't venture out.
Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Fall and winter are an invitation to snuggle and sleep in! What could be better?!!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

I don't like these short days, but I do enjoy my sweater and snuggling with mom under a blanket
Lily

Debra@Peaceabull said...

Being at the bottom of a pittie pile or sandwiched between the boys is my idea of wonderful.

Liz @ The Shrinking Owl said...

I don't have heat, so Bella is my fuzzy hot water bottle pibble!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...