Thursday, September 26, 2013

DoggyStyle: Where Miss M is Unimpressed by Our Decorating Decisions

With all of Miss M's quirks, one things we've noticed about her is that like any proper lady, she really enjoys flowers.
I used to think she took pride in them because we have a weekend tradition of going together to the Farmer's Market. She would pick the flowers, and make sure they were arranged to her liking when we came home:
She spends time gazing at them:
And she was really excited about her Get Well flowers:
With summer ending we know how hard it will be to get fresh flowers in Chicago, so we thought we would get something a bit more permanent.
We saw these colorful cacti at Home Depot, which we thought looked quite flower-like, and we thought Miss M would enjoy gazing at them.
Though it seems she was actually more surprised than anything:
And as long as she doesn't come too close, maybe she will enjoy gazing at these as well?
PS. Does anyone know how to take care of cacti like this? What kind of water and light do they need?

Also:
And they do live right there.
Check our Facebook page for more photos, comments, and storylines beyond the blog.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I love looking at pictures of Miss M enjoying flowers! When my dog was a puppy, he ATE A CACTUS! Haha. But hopefully you won't have that problem and that is a very pretty cactus (and a pretty pup). :)

Two French Bulldogs said...

Very nice Miss M BOL
Benny & Lily

sweetemaline said...

Don't put too much water in them! Just a little bit like once every week or two. Lots of indirect sunlight (if I'm not mistaken)!

Emily @ Our Waldo Bungie
www.ourwaldobungie.com

Courtney said...

Google "caring for cacti and succulents", since you have both in that pot. Lots of info comes up, including video. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Miss M, you my dear have excellent taste in flowers. I don't have a green thumb but since we've moved I've decided that I wanted to try some potted plants in a window that has what I feel is the perfect light. So yesterday I picked up some plants at the garden center, potted them up and am anxiously waiting to see if they survive.

I guess that's a long explanation for, I have no idea how to care for cacti other than don't water them too much!

Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom

Rachel said...

I love the cacti! So pretty - I think as long as you don't water them too much and they get some sunlight they will be good :-) I love Jade plants - they are nearly impossible to kill and they just grow and grow!

Rachel @ My Two Pitties said...

I love that arrangement. I've had single pots of the pink kind before but it didn't look as nice!

Hannah said...

Cacti thrive on being largely ignored...a little water periodically and you're good. However, when they start to grow a bit, you'll need to break up the pretty arrangement and repot them (which is no fun...)

Growing up, we had a house full of giant cacti...when my parents first got married, they bought a similar arrangement of cacti, repotted them, and over the years they grew into a cacti forrest...we had a whole collection of odd looking 4-5ft tall cacti that all started out as one of those dish garden cacti arrangements...so beware :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...