Friday, May 3, 2013

Pooches: Miss M's "Mr. Big"

Sometimes we recommend that our single friends go out with our friends since we've realized 
Miss M and Mr. B are pick up artists.
When Miss M and A were bachelorettes together, Miss M had no filter and wanted to meet everyone. She would especially spend a lot of time with the people A didn't want to talk to .
As she's gotten older, she has saved her extreme excitement for specific people. Though the specific people she chooses are so different, I can never tell why she wants to meet that exact person.
It is like they are the person of her dreams:
Just yesterday I took the pups for a walk around the bustling streets of our neighborhood, and  Miss M was her normal self: greeting people whenever they said hi with her signature whole body wiggle, bulging eyes and grinning smile. Then we walked past this one gentleman and Miss M was completely stunned. She just couldn't stop staring at the guy. 
 I could tell the guy was uncomfortable with her staring, though he eventually asked if he could meet her. Before I could say yes, Miss M used of her might, to pull both me and Mr. B towards the guy to meet him. Her face grinned and her body wiggled like she had finally met the person of her dreams.
 Even I was shocked by how happy she looked, and I had to ask if he had ever met Miss M before. He
 assured me that this was their first time.
It looked like Miss M was never going to let her "Mr. Big" slip away, but I was able to divert her attention with a treat to allow the guy to slip away.
Before she knew it, her "Mr. Big" has disappeared.
She spent the next few blocks looking hopefully for him
 But he was nowhere to be found:
Maybe he was just the one who got away.
Meanwhile, Mr B....never realized any of this happened. He was just happy to go for a walk.

Does anyone else have 'Pick-up Artist" pups? Or do you know why dogs really want to meet specific people?

Also:
At least she has high self-esteem
 Though if you ever feel bad for her, you should always remember this and even this.

14 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

My dog Blue is a Mr. Big.
He's a big white deaf Great Dane who makes everyone stop and give him some love.
He acts like he just Adores them and then after a couple of minutes, he stops and runs back to me. He's a heartbreaker. :)

Michelle said...

Poor baby looks so incredibly sad.

Debra@Peaceabull said...

Ray likes everyone, but doens't necesarily need to meet them but I've noticed on my walks with the shelter dogs they often have specific types of people they want to meet.

Hannah@Eriesistibull said...

Heartbreaking and hysterical at the same time!!

SherBear said...

Nala is totally a pick-up artist who esp loves men! She is always looking for one to make eye contact with her so she can pet them. Fortunately for her we live in Boystown so there are men everywhere, unfortunately for her mommy they aren't the right types of guys ;) But it's still fun to have a ridiculously social dog :)

Two French Bulldogs said...

What a cute story. Oh boy are we pick up artists. Although most people want to kiss and hug us, I'd prefer to just walk. My Lily adores people and actually whimpers with excitement when she sees our petite Asian neighbor. Our neighbors name.....Lily!!!
Benny (& Lily)

Anonymous said...

It's so interesting that she was that smitten! Melvin loves men, no type, just all of them.

Rachel said...

haha what an awesome post. I love your photos of Ms. M and Mr. B. They always make me smile :-)
It is always interesting to see who they like and who they don't. If only they could talk...

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

So Miss M has a crush on a guy huh? I wonder if she'll ever meet him again...

A Wonderful Dogs Life said...

Awww, Miss M is so cute. You would have to be made of stone to now want to meet either Miss M or Mr. B they are absolutely adorable and on our wish list of blog friends to hopefully meet one day.

I hope Miss M meets up with her friend again some day.

Dobermom said...

Aww, that's so cute, and so sad. Hopefully they will meet again.

My Two Pitties said...

Norman does this for sure though I haven't found that he singles anyone else he has to meet. If I bring him into the pet store, he likes to systematically check everyone off this list:)

Wandering Star said...

My Maggy does the same thing. She is drawn to certain types of people that I think are ghosts from her past. I have had her less than a year and I have learned that she loved her people in her previous home. She ADORES kids (I have none)and gets all googly-eyed over big tall men! She will pick the 'Mr. Big' out of the crowd and track them until they are out of sight, then search for him until I can distract her.

Pocket Pittie in the City said...

That was an awesome post. Looks like she really found the friend of her dreams. Such adorable pictures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...