Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pooches: On Stuffy Carcasses

When we first adopted Mr. B, he loved to tear up his stuffies and we had to live with random stuffy carcasses around the house. At first it was out of control. We would have random legs, heads and sometimes destuffed whole bodies strewn across our living room and bedroom.
Finding random stuffy parts dropped significantly when A taught Mr. B to be gentle with his friends.
During our training, sometimes Mr. B will go through spurts and he would start destuffing his stuffies. One issue we face is knowing when is it time to throw out the random parts of stuffy that we find around the house.
Several years ago I bought Mr. B a stuffed spider on a whim and it lasted only a few minutes. The bad thing was that the spider was a bit more than we typically spend.
Since it cost so much, we could not part with the body parts.
The good thing was that one stuffy became a set of 9 new stuffys: 8 legs and 1 body.
But after that we would randomly find stuffy spider legs in our bedroom. Much to my dismay, A decided to start throwing out the legs and after a number of years, she finally threw out the body. Just like Mr. B, I cannot imagine parting with any stuffys, but according to A there comes a time that we must all part with things, including Mr. B and his destuffed stuffys.
How do you know when it is time to part with a stuffy carcass?

Also:
How to teach your dog not to destuff stuffies
Stuffies on a walk.
Stuffy doctor.
Here is where they stay.

15 comments:

Leila said...

Quizz parts with stuffy carcasses only when we can't play tug with them.

Sarah Loves to Bake said...

I get rid of them when I get tired of them! My husband has a hard time parting with them too.

Anonymous said...

Before I can get rid of the carcasses, I have to put them in a "holding" area for a while. Because if I get rid of them too soon sometimes Reggie will run around the apartment looking for the remains. If he hasn't touched it in the holding area for a while, then it's safe to get rid of it. (I have to laugh at the toys labeled "indestructible" on the packaging.)

Rebelwerewolf said...

L can't stand parting with carcasses, so we hide them in the closet in the spare room. The TV show Hoarders would have a blast if they found our destuffed stuffy stash.

Sarah said...

The carcasses are the best part of stuffies! We get rid of them when they start to fall apart from tug.

Anonymous said...

We really can't have stuffies, or as we call them babies, in our house because Dottie destroys them in a matter of minutes. We haven't been able to stop her from doing this. On the rare occasion that she does get one, we usually throw it away when it's completely destuffed and just a piece of cloth. I keep hoping that one day she will learn to be nice to them... I can dream right?

Two French Bulldogs said...

We Rarely break our stuffies. But that's what moms are for, to gives stuffies stitches
Benny & Lily

A Wonderful Dogs Life said...

Stuffies and stuffie carcasses you can never have to many.

Annie & Pauls Mom said...

When I can no longer sew it back together (no matter what I do), I know it's time to say good bye. I've started buying the kids socks from dollar tree and stuffing them with stuffing and squeekers and sewing them shut. I don't feel quite as bad when I have to throw one of these out

Kate said...

...but there is no reason to part with Mr. B anytime soon. Right?

My Two Pitties said...

He is so sweet with his stuffy pile:) I give Kaya & Norman lots of knuckle bones and kneecaps and the deck often starts to look like a graveyard. I try to throw away the old ones!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Mr B it is so much fun to destuff :) Mom usually waits until I don't want it anymore or I get a new one (she gets most of mine from Goodwill - very cost effective she says).

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Pitlandia Pooch said...

We have yet to part with any stuffy parts. We have all sorts of legs, arms, heads, and carcasses all over the house. Athena especially loves to play with the stuffy legs. I don't know if there will come a day that we get rid of them because she's just so proud of her work!

Kolchak Puggle said...

Kolchak and Felix have a fine, fine collection of "pelts". They can't bear to part with them. (Seriously, I start bagging them up and they start pulling them back out of the bag. You've got to get up pretty early at Casa de Kolchak if you intend to throw out a toy, I tell ya what.) Once a toy has a hole in it, I temporarily kidnap and destuff it, then return it as a pelt. They adore it.

Unknown said...

Dina has a hobby of chewing the eyes out which I am fine with because I usually supervise her but I chuck a toy as soon as she gets too much of the stuffing out. It's safer that way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...