Monday, April 22, 2013

SociaBulls: On A Dog Support System

I always talk about how when I first adopted Miss M I felt like a failure.
I couldn't figure out how to walk her.
At least a couple of times during a walk she would turn around and start playing tug with her leash.
And she would usually win.
Plus, I couldn't figure out why she was always looking at me like this.
It is always hard to admit when things aren't going well, and at the time the only dog friends I had seemed to have it all together.
 I've realized one of the most positive parts of our Chicago SociaBulls group  is that it has become a way to meet so many like-minded owners. Especially since city-living can offer so many obstacles, it has become a positive resource meeting people who have gone through something, or know something.
Plus all of those other conversations about food, trainer recommendation, boarding options, and dog clothes (of course!).
What are some ways you've become a part of a dog community? 

Also:
This is her latest struggle.
Helping!
This happens too.

9 comments:

Froggy said...

Maize looks like she's picking her nose with her tounge!

Pitlandia Pooch said...

We love walking with Respectabulls in Portland because it's such a great community where everyone is willing to share experiences and tips. Of course, the blogging community is also a HUGE help!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Mom tries to take us to different places despite my Lilys yelling. We volunteered this weekend at an expo for the French Bulldog Rescue Network and will walk this weekend in a wag-a-thon
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

Any recommendations on orgs/groups to join for those not raising a pit bull, but still in the Chicago area? Just adopted our new pup and are looking for a social group.

Anonymous said...

Having a support system is really important. And, having said that I will admit that other than my vet and friends with dogs I don't really have one. I really wish we had a walking group like you do!

Two Pitties in the City said...

@kylie: Our Chicago SociaBulls group includes all sizes, breeds, and types of dogs. You can find more information, and an application, here: http://www.chicagosociabulls.com/new-member-information/

@adventuresofadogmom: We used to say the same exact thing to the Hikabulls group, and she would always tell me to start our own. Look where we are now!

Debra@Peaceabull said...

Very timely. We are going to post tomorrow about our first pack walk...a pack of two, that is.

Unknown said...

The dog dog very cute... I like to...


cheap football jerseys

luodidigood said...

I am apreciating it very much.

cheap jersey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...